AND MOLLY TOO!!

AND MOLLY TOO!!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Update

I have actually done it and it's official. I entered Zack into his first Rally obedience trial on July 31 and August 1st at Spruce Meadows in Calgary. Blimy what does this mean - it means I better get my butt in gear and practice with Zack as I haven't done anything with him for quite some time. I have my rally signs printed now so I better start using them!!

Monday night was agility class #5. It was a great night. Zack paid more attention to me and his nose was not glued to the ground quite so much. Whether it was because it had just rained and the ground was wet I don't know. Anyways, we started some turns, front crossovers and rear crossovers. I am a bit uncoordinated with these moves at this point but I am sure it will come. The trainers make it look easy and when they were running their dog over jumps and turning it makes sense and you can see why we need to learn these moves. The best part of the evening was we started with the tunnel and low A frame. I didn't know how Zack would be but he didn't seem to mind either of the pieces of equipment. I figured the tunnel might be ok seeing he is a terrier and sure enough he just ran right through. The A frame too he just ran right over. Yay for Zacky!!

Our trainer brought each dog a bag of homemade doggy treats that had tuna in them - which was really nice. Zack has a sensitive stomach but yay they were fine and he had no problem so I have found another treat I can use for training. Can't wait for the recipe next week.

2 comments:

marley said...

Well done Zack. You do be more clever than me.

Nancy and Heddy said...

I know you will do well Zack. Mom thought I was going to be Comic releif at my first trial but boy did I surprise HER. Not only did I Q but we got 2nd Place. But wait till next time. She may have her comic releif YET! Last night in class I forgot how to finish:-) That will teach her! By the way Swimmin is FUN!