AND MOLLY TOO!!

AND MOLLY TOO!!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Prismacolor

For Christmas this year I received some Prismacolor Coloured Pencils. A Box Set of 130 different colours which are brilliant. I had wanted to try this new medium for my art and I love them!! It takes alot longer than my acrylic paint to do a picture because you have to apply layer after layer after layer of the colour pencil to build up the right richness of the colour you want. I doodled and practiced to try and get used to how they work and then made my first attempt at a pet portrait. I thought I would do "fat cat" for myself and I am quite pleased with the results.

I used black paper which was a challenge in and of itself, especially seeing where my outline drawing was, but I think I would like to work with the black paper again. I like the effect. This photo is just a scan of my picture the actual colours are alot richer in real life. Now I may just have to start one of Zack!!

2 comments:

BODIE said...

Your art is beautiful, love the one of Zack on your page too.

onecollie said...

oh my goodness that is gorgeous!!
can't wait until I can afford to get my boys portrait done !!!!