AND MOLLY TOO!!

AND MOLLY TOO!!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Upsetting News

I took Cuddles to the vets today to have her checked out again. Another blood panel showed that her kidney function was only slightly worse than before which was good news actually but the bad news shook me up today. Cuddles' white blood cell count now is really low which the vet advised means she has cancer somewhere. Cuddles had already been tested for feline leukemia and she was negative so the cancer must be somewhere else. As you can imagine I am very upset and didn't expect the "C" word. The options were to take her to Calgary for ultrasounds, etc. to see where the cancer is but Pete and I have decided not to do anything further other than keep her comfortable for as long as we can. No matter where the cancer is I would not have her operated on or give her chemo at her age anyway - I don't think that is fair so we decided not to go to Calgary. I just hope I made the right decision as I feel guilty sometimes not doing "everything I can" for her.

2 comments:

onecollie said...

I am so sorry to hear this Lisa.....
I think I would do the same as you, let her live her life happy & comfy at home with you, rather then being poked & prodded at a clinic...you know in your heart what feels right, & what is right for you, Pete, & Cuddles...
((hugs))

marley said...

Sorree to ear about your trubles my friends. I do ave my paws crossed for Cuddles and I do send her sum wuzzes.