AND MOLLY TOO!!

AND MOLLY TOO!!

Monday, November 11, 2013

Good Start, Bad End

Even though it was snowing and cold yesterday morning we decided to take the dogs to Pavan Park - somewhere different for a change.   The walk started out great.  It was so fun and the dogs just loved running through the snow and trees.   It feels so different being down in the river valley through the trees than when you are on top of the coulees in the open.

Winter scenes are so peaceful.




 Even though it's not close up or in sharp focus, I love this picture below for some reason, the three most important things to me altogether :)




Molly got another bad haircut on Saturday, the top of her head is way too short.   The rest of her is just fine though.


It's still hard to get  Molly to stay still for too long.  I think her little butt was frozen by this time actually.

Zack's a trooper when it comes to sitting in the snow.


 He did lots of rummaging and eating things he shouldn't = poop


Lots of geese flew overhead which was amazing.   I never get tired of hearing them... it's a true sign they are moving through heading south.   Don't blame em


There was no wind yesterday and everything was so still.   I wish I had my other camera as we saw the most amazing stag deer.    He lifted his head and looked at us in that fixed stance they always have.   His antlers were magnificent.   He truly was in his prime and I felt "that special moment" of being in the right place at the right time when it comes to seeing wildlife.   I got goose bumps.   To alot of other people seeing a deer is nothing special, but to me all wildlife is special and each have a place in this world.  

We headed back with the dogs along the river to the car.


That's when it all happened.   Just when we got in the car Zack was on my lap and we could smell dog poop.   We looked at the dogs, our shoes, etc. nothing - then suddenly Zack vomited all down my leg and in the car.   That was it.    Then it wouldn't stop - he kept on vomiting over and over tones of stuff was coming up  - poor boy (sorry hate to be graphic).  It was awful.  Poor Zack.   He must have ate some awful pooh.  We tried to drive home but kept having to pull over - it turned to bile by then.   At this point I was worried maybe it could have been poison or something.   To cut along story short, we got him home and I gave him his anti-vomiting medicine that I have at home and he seemed to settle down.  It was very scary and we were going to take him to the vet if he didn't stop, but after the medicine he did stop vomiting and  settled down and just slept it off.    This morning he ate his breakfast and seems ok again.

I hope he learned his lesson about eating crap, but probably not.   It kind of put a damper on what was a wonderful walk.

I think a short on leash walk today is in order.

3 comments:

onecollie said...

poor Zack, poor you!!!
otherwise what a wonderful walk , great pictures!

Bikejoring in Southern Alberta said...

Oh Lisa. That sounds horrible!! I'm glad he got it all out of his system and is feeling fine now though.

marley said...

I dun that wince Zack my pal….chewed on some rotten bone in da woods and pyook I guts up for boat an hour…yuk